Saturday, July 7, 2012

Midas Touch

edmonton, alberta, canada, sunrise, lake, reeds, midas, touch, david, waddington
Midas Touch


This type of photo is quickly becoming my favorite to do. I love the color that the golden hour creates and I like it even more in the morning. It is going to be a difficult transition for me because I am not what you would call a morning person. My original intent was to photograph the sunrise on the other side of the lake. When I was driving on that side there was an amazing morning mist covering the lake. It looked awesome. However I could not find a spot to photograph it from as everything was private property. It got rather frustrating so I went back to the spot I was at last night were I took From the Reeds. By this time the sun had already come up and most of the mist on the lake was gone. If you look closely you can still see some.


Print available here:  http://smu.gs/Nfe569

 Dawn Breaks

This was taken a bit later. This is facing north as the sun was rising in the east.  The area where I was standing was very spongy. I wanted to try get closer to the lake but I was afraid I would lose a shoe. There was already someones thong and running shoe sucked into the spongy grass so I didn't feel like adding to the collection.




No comments:

Post a Comment